Yahoo! seems to have developed a spring in its step now a days. Just days after launching a Yahoo! Weather reloaded for iOS, Yahoo! has updated Yahoo! Weather App for Android.
Beside the beautiful interface, Yahoo! Weather will now pull images of the city you are currently in from Flickr. You can also see city specific images and weather by tweaking the settings a little bit. In addition to above, the Yahoo! Weather will give you temperature and weather forecasts for forthcoming ten days including hour-by-hour predictions. It will also show you precipitation, wind and pressure, moon phases, UV patterns, as well as sunrise and sunset times.
A brief look at the features of the newly updated Yahoo! Weather
- Highly acclaimed design with beautiful photos that match your location, time of day, and current weather condition
- Detailed weather information, including 10-day and 24-hour temperature forecasts
- Interactive radar, satellite, heat, and wind maps
- Severe weather alerts
- Animated sunrise & sunset times and wind & pressure modules
- Humidity sensor, UV index, and chance of precipitation
- New home screen widgets
- Swipe vertically for detailed weather information
- Swipe horizontally for favourite locations
You can also be part of the Yahoo! Weather Flickr images by submitting the images of your city here : http://www.flickr.com/projectweather
The application also has a personalised map and a widget for your lock screen in tow to make it more accessible. You can download this beautiful App from Google Play now.
And those of you who own a iOS device but have still now downloaded the newly updated Yahoo! Weather can do so from Apple Store now