Download Evaisi0n here
3. Mac OS X
After you download it and unpack it, first back up your iOS device. The Evasi0n works on following iOS running iOS 6, 6.0.1 and 6.1 devices :
iPod Touch 4th Generation
iPod Touch 5th Generation
iPad with Retina display 3rd and 4th Generation
2nd Generation Apple TV (support coming soon in Seas0nPass)
If your device is not listed here do not try it.
Before beginning the jailbreak process :
1. Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
2. Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete.
3. If the process gets stuck somewhere, it's safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
4. If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can't be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and in the menu click 'Open' context menu, choose 'Open.' On the nex dialogue box, choose 'Open' as well.
Start Evasi0n application in your PC, it will look like this :
1. Connect your iDevice to the PC and click "Jailbreak" . The process will now begin .
2. Halfway through the process , you will be asked to open a new application called "Jailbreak" . You'll find it on your device's homescreen , tap it and the jailbreak will continue.
Once the jailbreak is done , you'll see a "Done" message . Your device will restart automatically several times. After the restart , a white background with an Evasi0n logo will appear . You'll see few messages such as "Setting up Cydia" , "Clearing SpringBoard cache" . Let it finish . After all that, it is done, you have a untethered Jail Broken iOS with Cydia inside.
Please do not attempt this if you are uncomfortable with the warranty, bricking issues. This is just a tutorial for your educational purpose and the author bears no responsibility for any thing. Personally I prefer modding, flashing or jail breaking phones after completing 2 years from the time I bought it. That way I am ready to buy a new phone if anything happens during the procedure.
According to a Forbes Report this tool has been used in nearly seven million phones since its launch. Please post your comment on this article.
Below is a video tutorial to help you out.