For ages together our ancestors have given importance to healthy and nutritious diet along with proper rest.
A balanced diet provides the nutrition required for proper functioning of the body’s organs and tissues. A truly balanced diet includes nutrition obtained from fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins and fatty acids.
The current generation is falling prey to fast life where we tend to eat all junk food and sleep only for namesake. When a person fails to eat a balanced diet body is prone to infections, fatigue, poor performance, prone to a variety of diseases.
It is thus essential to follow a proper diet chart in day to day life so as to eat a balanced and nutritious food that contains right amount of minerals, vitamins, carbohydrates, proteins and fatty acids.
Once a person gets into bad eating habits it continues for the rest of their lives which is very bad. Further, an individual tends to either gain weight or face other health issues. The USDA reports have reported that rising obesity and diabetes in America is a result of poor diet and lethargic lifestyle. The worst part is that 4 of the top 10 leading causes of death is influenced by diet which includes heart disease, cancer, stroke and diabetes.
Mother nature seems to have thought about all this way ahead and created “Honey” for all the human beings. Thanks to honey bees who constantly work to create the magical and nutritious Honey which has tremendous benefits which goes beyond our taste buds.
Nectar is made up of sucrose and water, the honey bees add enzymes which splits sucrose into glucose and fructose and aids in evaporation of water. Thus, honey is a combination of 80% natural sugar i.e. fructose and glucose. It is this fructose which makes honey sweeter than table sugar.
Honey also contains around 18% of water, the lesser the water content better is the quality of honey.
The remaining 2% is made up of vitamins, pollen and proteins. It is surprising to know that honey contains some of the vitamins that are essential for human body and it includes B6, Thiamine, Niacin, Riboflavin, Pantothenic acid and also certain amino acids.
Besides vitamins, honey contains minerals such as calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc.
The natural minerals and vitamins present in honey helps in metabolism of undesirable cholesterol and fatty acids that are embedded within tissues and organs, thus it prevents obesity and promotes a good health to humans.
It seems Honey has a healthy Glycemic Index (GI), this means the sugar content of honey is absorbed gradually in the bloodstream and this helps in better digestion; however avoid an excess intake of honey as food with high GI triggers higher percentage of insulin release in the blood which may damage pancreas in the long run.
Also people with compromised immune system should avoid consuming honey.
Some incredible benefits of using this natural product: Besides all the above benefits, other areas where honey can be used are:
- Honey has anti bacterial property and thus has many healing effects which can be used to cure sore throats and also heal skin burns faster and with minimal scarring.
- Honey helps in reducing the accumulation of fats in cardio vascular system.
- Another interesting fact regarding honey is that it is the best antioxidant thus our ancestors believed that honey aided in longevity.
- Honey by itself is free of fats and cholesterol. When consumed on a daily basis it helps in weight loss.
- Honey can be used to treat allergies and is the preferred treatment for cough.
- Honey does not ferment in stomach and thus it does not cause any irritancy to our digestive system. Hence, for diabetic patients honey is advisable instead of consuming artificial sweeteners.
- Apple cider vinegar when mixed with honey gives enhances the healing power of vinegar.
- A concentrated source of fructose and glucose, anabolic honey, is a preferred choice of sweetener for athletes.
- Compounds found in honey makes it a great energy booster.
- Honey helps to rejuvenate the colon flora and aids in detoxification of body if consumed daily.
Besides good health honey is one of the major product used by beauticians and our grandmas knew very well how to use honey as beauty packs for healthy skin and lustrous hair.
People are now getting to know the benefits of honey and at the same time manufacturers are producing “adulterated honey”. So beware of such “adulterated honey” which is just a combination of glucose, dextrose, molasses, corn syrup, sugar syrup, invert sugar, flour, starch, or any other similar product, other than the floral nectar. The only way to ensure you get the genuine product is to stick to trusted brand.
DaburHoney is one of the trusted brands for centuries in India. Do try this genuine product and people can be assured to get authentic honey that has been sourced directly from Himalayas, the Nilgiris and the Sunderbans forests.
The company follows stringent quality checks and raw honey is filtered and cleaned of all the impurities and then filled in the containers or bottles mechanically, thus the product is not touched by hands which ensure minimal contamination. Dabur also confirms the statutory requirements of Agmark and PFA.
Dabur Honey is another name for purity!