After using your Firefox a long time, you may have been noticed it get's slower as time passed. Here are some simple steps to make your Firefox faster-
- Removing unnecessary add-ons and toolbars.
- Clear browsing history regularly.
- Disable Firefox Auto-update(not recommended).
- Block Flash.
If you have already tried these steps and it is not working then i would like to suggest you some of other tried and tested techniques to speed up the browsing and make Mozilla Firefox faster than ever.
- Type “about:config” into the address bar and press Enter. Now click “I’ll be careful, I promise!“
- Type “pipelining” in the search box
- Search for “network.http.pipelining”. By default it’s false, now set it to true by double clicking on the option.
- Now set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to true by double-clicking it.
- Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to 8 (it’s 32 by default) by double-clicking it. This means it will make 8 requests at once.
- Now restart your Browser and you will be experiencing a faster browsing.
Besides all this Firefox also do provide some features to speed up browser, One of them are listed below-
"The Refresh Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Consider using it before going through a lengthy troubleshooting process."