Mozilla announced this morning that Firefox OS reference device is now available for pre orders. The Firefox OS powered Flame smart phone comes with mid-tier hardware,costing $170USD (Rs.10000.00) including shipping charges. Mozilla has partnered with T20Mobile to manufacture and distribute Flame. The updates for this smart phone will be made availalbe by Mozilla. Mozilla calls the Flame "a high quality reference device [for] our developer community at an affordable price."Official Mozilla blog says-“ Until now, there has been no “reference device” and the options for getting something through retail were limited”
The Flame has a mid-tier phone hardware and is specifically designed for developers and contributors community. Mozilla also says that it’s a high quality reference device at an affordable price.
Specifications & unlocked!
The Flame is unlocked from any network and comes with the bootloader unlocked.
· Qualcomm MSM8210 Snapdragon, 1.2GHZ Dual core processor
· 4.5” screen (FWVGA 854×480 pixels)
· Cameras: Rear: 5MP with auto-focus and flash / Front: 2MP
· Frequency: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
· 8GB memory
· 256MB – 1GB RAM (adjustable by developer)
· A-GPS, NFC
· Dual SIM Support
· Battery capacity: 1,800 mAh
· WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, Micro USB, MicroSD
This mid-range handset can be pre-ordered right now for $170 through everbuying.com and should take roughly four weeks to ship.