Samsung is updating the Samsung Galaxy S IV devices with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and it should reach all of the S IV users by end November 2013. But the roll out seems pretty slow for the liking of some of the users. Therefore SamMobile has come out with the stable release of Samsung Galaxy S IV firmware.
To download and install the firmware make sure you have the following :
1. Samsung Galaxy S IV build i9505 international LTE version
3. Android 4.3 zip file (download from here)
That done now make sure you have debugging off on your phone and then follow these instructions :
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
Add AP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
Add BL_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar to BL
Add CP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CP
Add CSC_OXA_I9505OXAEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
Kindly NOTE- This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
- This test firmware is a pre-release firmware and not official from Samsung. There may be some bugs in the firmware as it is a pre release one.
The Prerelease firm contains the following :
Model: GT-I9505Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:48:24 +0000
Product Code: OXA
This pre release will make your Samsung Galaxy S IV lag free and bring in new Samsung Knox and Samsung Wallet. You cannot connect the Samsung Wallet to the Samsung servers as of now but the Samsung Knox works very well with this one. It also brings in a new Reading mode which will optimise the Samsung Galaxy S IV screen for reading. You will also get a improved keyboard with this firmware. Apart from this there are many changes internally.
Here is video of the updates that will be available with the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for your Samsung Galaxy S IV
The post and the video are given courtesy sammobile.com