Ouya the bestseller Android based gaming console has gone for update again bumping up the version number to 1.0.346. Remeber the Ouya was launched only weeks earlier and there are many bugs which are yet to be reported to the makers.
The new update fixes many bugs and gives a whole new game details page. The changelog for version 1.0.346 is as under :
1. Game Details page has been re-designed:
2. Images and buttons now easier to navigate
3. Selecting (Pressing the (O) button on) an image will show it full screen
4. Description text no longer flows off screen.
5. “More Info” button allows user to read full description text
6. Longer titles now accommodated better
7. Queued downloads now display as “In Queue…”
8. Ratings system has been updated to use a more intuitive system of age ranges
9. Founders Icon for games now appears on the Game Details page.
10. Game downloads can now be cancelled!
11. Downloads have been limited to 1 to increase performance while navigating during a download
12. Downloads are paused when a game is running to maintain best performance while playing. They resume automatically when exiting the game
13. Downloads now start in the order they were queued
14. Downloads give a clear indication when there is not enough space left to accommodate them
15. Added the ability to set a PIN code for purchases. Parents rejoice! This can be found in under MANAGE -> ACCOUNT -> PARENTAL CONTROLS
16. Added support for redeeming pre-paid cards. They can be redeemed when creating a new user, or from the MANAGE -> ACCOUNT -> PAYMENTS screen
17. Re-flowed in-game purchases to accommodate pre-paid cards. 18. Allows the user to fix purchase errors without leaving the game.
19. Logging out now allows users to log in or create a new user
20. PLAY category now sorts by most recently played or downloaded
21. Changed background image. Style points +1
22. Changed layout of Network screen to match the new user experience.
23. Changed the look of more dialogs to have the OUYA theme
24. Fixed bug that could cause the account screen to appear to not respond to user input
25. Fixed a bug that could occur when getting a system update while out of space
26. New repository with 3rd party game engine
27. Fixed changing passwords through Gamers Portal blocking users
28. Fixed purchases not working when changing to a Dev account
29. Fixed simultaneous button presses not registering in some MP games.
A long list from the makers but is a necessity considering it is a newly launched hardware.