As I had already written in my earlier Blogs, the Samsung S IV will indeed have all the features I listed expect for one thing. The Eye to Scroll feature is not what I expected. Instead it is a feature which will recognise your face, wrist and hand moment to surf the web page, ebook or a magazine on the screen. That may be a little difficult to handle, but believe me rest of the features are dead accurate.
The phone will run on 4.2.2 Jelly Bean making it the first phone outside of Nexus to have this OS. The rear camera will have a 2 MP lens. The phone will be shipped in two different processors for different regions. As of now Samsung has not specified which region will get Samsung's own Exynos 5 Octa and which ones figure the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro. The phone will have a awesome 2 GB RAM. The specs list goes on and on but lets study the Samsung Galaxy S IV only features.
1. "Sound and Shot", This seems to be a copy of Zoe but without video. It lets you record five seconds of audio before click a photo.
2. "dual camera" mode, which takes shots with both the front and back cameras and integrates them into a single scene.
3. "Drama Shot" it allows you to see all your creativity in one continuous time lapse.
4. "Smart Pause" lets you pause a video simply by looking away, with the clip resuming playback when you look back at the camera.
5. "Smart Scroll" lets you move through web pages without looking at the screen. The page on the screen will move based on the movement of the users face and the wrist.
6. "S Voice Drive", which is basically a copy of the iPhones eyes free interface of Siri and basically of use when you are driving. It optimises voice commands when you're driving. Samsung should get ready for another patent suit from Apple
7. "Optical Reader" which will scan your business cards among other things and call the number of translate the text as per you desire.
8. "WatchOn" Another first from Samsung to use the IR after a long time, this will make your phone a full fledged remote for your TV.
9. "Group Play" this lets you sync multiple phones to use them as stereo speakers to play your music. In addition you can also share photos, files, games, documents with the people on GroupPlay without any network.
10. "S Health", this will be a native fitness trainer for you. The S IV sensors will monitor your fitness levels.
11. "Air View", it lets you preview messages or images and the contextual data by hovering your fingers over them.
12. "Air Gesture", this will allow users to control the music player, answer you calls or surf through the web without actually touching the screen.
In addition to above the S IV will have 2600 mAh battery. It will come in three versions, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. It will have 802.11ac Wi-Fi running the standard a/b/g/n bands, Bluetooth 4.0, and LTE Cat 3.
The full specs are as below:
a) 5-inch full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, 441 ppi
HSPA+, LTE, GPRS/EDGE
b) Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
c) Bluetooth 4.0 with EDR and A2DP
d) GPS with A-GPS support and GLONASS
e) MicroUSB 2.0 with MHL, USB On-the-go, USB Host
f) 13-megapixel primary camera with LED flash, Simultaneous HD video and still image stabilisation, 1080p video recording.
g) 2-megapixel front-facing camera, 1080p video recording @ 30fps
h) 16/32/64GB internal storage with microSD card for further expansion up to 64 GB.
The above listed features are over and above the standard features available with every Samsung device. So there you have it a complete anatomy of the S IV. Indians are sure to get the Exynos Octa core processor phones as I know that Samsung gives a very strategic importance to India as a market for its phones. But the only question is the pricing. It cant price S IV too high, this will take it away from the middle class smart phone buyers who form a very huge class of mobile buyers and it cant price it low, this will lower the 'niche' or the status that is going to be labeled with the phone. Either way Sony's Z is a firm and handsome competitor to this phone in all class so it should price it in region of Rs.40000.00. However this will be known only in days to come.
Please post your comments and views regarding this phone. Meanwhile enjoy a hands on video of S IVVijay Prabhu